Sunday, September 9, 2012

I'm back.

I have disappeared off of this page and similar communities for a while now. I have given myself 10 months to introspect myself. Find out what I'm feeling and why I'm feeling this way. I have been having an identity crisis for nearly 3 years now. It seems so much longer. Through my crisis, through my journey. I have learned so much about myself. Through the battle, I have identified as so many different things. I never felt right in all and any of those identities. I've felt displaced and the world around me showed me that I had a reason to feel displaced. 

I isolated myself from the world except to a few people for those 10 months. That forced me to focus on nothing other than myself. For the longest time I had looked around me and at other people for the resources and the answers to my questions. For the longest time I focused on looking outside of myself to find the reasons and the solutions to my problems within. Now I have been able to focus within myself. I looked within and guess what? I found the answers. I have found what I am and who I am. I have found the security of my identity and it took so much work, and so much effort, and so much unwanted acceptance. But I found it. 

I am not a man. I am not a woman. I am not FtM or any other binary abiding label. Labels just group people with other people who choose to identify themselves in that group. 2 people can identify as the same thing but have no similarities in that aspect whatsoever. I am me. Just "me".  and I choose to express "me" freely. However, I am still looking for new ways to express myself. For ways to accurately represent how I feel. But this is such a minor issue. I have accomplished the impossible. I have found myself. On top of that I have learned to become comfortable with the newly found part of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment