Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Filled with Happiness

So an SO(Significant Other) and I have been having some trouble lately and one of the reasons we've been having a lot of trouble is because i'm bigender. But last night she said something that made me so happy. It was the act of her trying to understand me. She said how in her Sexual Psychology class they are studying gender issues right now and she starting asking me questions about my identification. This is probably the first time she's acknowledged my bigender identity as, well, an identity, and not a disorder. This is such a big step for her, and such a big step for us. I hope that she continues to try and understand everything instead of closing herself in a box like she did in the past. And, similarly, I hope to gain understanding of myself instead of enclosing myself with the idea that I cannot change who I am. I can change... i'm not talking changing my gender identity, but changing the negative values for both and either of my identities :)

4 comments:

  1. ...You don't post anything anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to have a follower...even if its you :) (actually especially if its you). I have a couple of poems and things i've been meaning to post but haven't. Thanks for reminding me. school gets busy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once Upon a time there was a color.
    Her name was Blue.
    She was sad sometimes.
    But a very pretty Cloudy blue.

    She met another Color named Yellow.
    Bright and sunny!
    One day they met.
    They Loved each other from the beginning.

    But one day yellow got a feeling that
    Blue was hiding something.
    Secretly.... Blue wanted to be green.
    Yellow could not understand why she wanted to
    be green! Blue was such a pretty Color, and yellow could not see her as anything other then blue.
    But the more yellow blended with blue, the more green came out. Green was confident, green was happy. And if they work together, and supported each other, the more prettier the green became.

    In the end, we are all just colors...blue..yellow...green...even red! As long as we love each other, and blend well, it doesn't matter what color you are!!


    <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to post this on the blog ok?

    ReplyDelete