Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Shhhh… (poem)

By L. Monjaras

I feel like I should care sooo much.
But in all honesty, I just don’t.
I close my eyes dreaming of what I could be
dreaming of what I wish I’d be able to be.
I open my eyes realizing that the latter
would create enemies and fiends
out of those my heart is near.

Shhhh….

I shall never speak the words
that create of me.
A liar?
That will create of me
the enemy.

Shhh…

Stillness has never been so threatening
The whisper of your soul could calm my mind
And everything I know would be enlightening
If only I had sanity and time.

The star dangling by my neck
Tells me there’s something to believe
Tells me there’s something to get me out of it
Or get me in here just too deep

Shhh….

Stop whispering
Listen to the words of recognition
Listen to Her messages in the wind
Tell me that in all of this I LIE

Shhh…

No comments:

Post a Comment