Friday, January 27, 2012

Soy limits!

I have successfully established and began a new lifestyle change! I have limited my amount of soy intake. Why? Because according to my (short but in depth) research soy introduces a large amount of isoflavones to the human body. Isoflavones( in short) are a phytoestrogen. Pretty much... I don't want it. Also, my body has always had a difficult time digesting soy. It always led to terrible stomach pain or various trips to the bathroom. So i've cut out everything that is unfermented soy (this includes soy milk, tofu, and texturized soy protein)or anything that has soy products in the top 3 ingredients. --soy sauce is fermented thank god so it provides less isoflavones -- Unfortunately, this has led my diet to become very VERY limited. I'm still learning on how to do this appropriately but I have been feeling a lot better without the soy in my diet.

I can honestly say i'm doing it more for my health than for the isoflavones that will probably not have a large effect in my estrogen balance. But it's a nice thought... well i'm super tired and this post will probably not make sense in the morning but its all ok :)

have a very great saturday

No comments:

Post a Comment