Sunday, February 6, 2011

Defining Bigender

I could put up a generic definition of what bigender means, but if you're looking for that just google or wikipedia it. Instead, I want to post what being bigender means to me.

For all of us who don't know bigender is, by literal meaning, having 2 genders. To me, it means that I have more than one gender.

To me (and I speak purely for myself and not the entire bigender community):

Bigender is NOT. transitioning from one gender to another

Bigender is NOT.being on one side of the gender spectrum

Bigender is NOT. passing

Bigender is NOT. having split personalities

Bigender is NOT. taking horomone replacements

Bigender is NOT. a disease, a condition or a disorder

Bigender is expression

Bigender is being both a man and a woman (and sometimes everything inbetween)

Bigender is understanding both sides of the spectrum

Bigender is finding beauty and acceptance in all your identities.

Bigender (in my situation) is being both lesbian and straight

Bigender is having a perception beyond what many understand

No comments:

Post a Comment